Mount Masami
Masami isn't currently up right now, we've been trying to get things running for a few years, but something always comes up. However, recently, we decided to get the team back together and get this puppy going. Currently, we're adding some new ideas in and reintroducing old ones. We should be up and running within a few weeks. If you're interested, feel free to roam Masami while we get things set up, or maybe you could even join and give us some feedback on what you'd like to see. Thank you so much for your patients and we're very very sorry!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mount Masami
Masami isn't currently up right now, we've been trying to get things running for a few years, but something always comes up. However, recently, we decided to get the team back together and get this puppy going. Currently, we're adding some new ideas in and reintroducing old ones. We should be up and running within a few weeks. If you're interested, feel free to roam Masami while we get things set up, or maybe you could even join and give us some feedback on what you'd like to see. Thank you so much for your patients and we're very very sorry!
Mount Masami
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saving Creature Village

2 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Saving Creature Village  Empty Saving Creature Village

Post  Maebh Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:48 pm

ooc: 7 paragraphs for me? oh yea Twisted Evil
Paragraoh Count: 7

The dark sky shadowed over Mount Masami but the elegant moon let the top of the mountain glow right where Busa lays. The ground’s leaves and plant almost turn a neon color. The creatures where small and sleeping in their huts, minding their business. Yuko was also laying in her hut, staring at the dome wall from the inside, day dreaming about nothing she would remember later on. Yuko was wearing half of her leather armor, while the rest just laid beside her. The air was moist, cool, and pleasant to breath in.

Chatting amongst the creatures was existent, but very quiet and Yuko half listened to them as she continued to day dream. She tried to eventually fall asleep, but something was keeping her up and she wasn’t sure exactly what it was. She scooted out of her hut and tossed herself from the ground to her feet. Her walking was wobbly and unbalanced and her head was pounding from being light headed. It took a while to get herself back together, but she eventually got a sense of balance again.

A creature family was sitting by a camp fire, eating their fish soup Yuko had taught them to make. They stood short to about the average humans knee. Yuko felt like a giant around them, but she secretly liked the feeling of being superior. She settled down next to their kids messing around with each other while the parents had told them to stop being loud so many times. Yuko grabbed one of the kids ears and gave them a goofy stare until they settled down.

“Thank you Yuko. Did they wake you up?” She spoke to her so softly. She sounded like a regular suburban mother back on Earth. For a creature, she looked beautiful in Yuko’s eyes, but she didn’t know what creatures found attractive on Mount Masami.

“Nah, I’ve been up, I’m having trouble sleeping. I heard you guys were out so I figured I could get my mind off of things.” Yuko’s words were quiet to prevent any more loud noise and her eyes never really met with the mother creature as she spoke. Her eyes met back with hers after she finished her sentence.

“Well here, try some of the soup. Did we do good? We used your recipe, but I know it’s not as good.” She took a large wooden spoon that was far from being smooth. It looked as though she found a thick branch and burnt a hole at the tip to create a dome crater. The pot of fish soup was sitting next to the mother creature and the slowly poured the soup into the bowl that also looked as though it was made the same way the spoon was. Her short body attempted to reach over the camp fire. Yuko giggled in her head at her attempts, but Yuko’s much longer body reached farther to grab the bowl.

Yuko took the bowl and met the edge to her mouth. She let the warm soup slowly pour down into her mouth and down her throat. The mother creature was looking at Yuko, anticipating on her reply. Yuko thought for a moment and knew something was missing. She looked up with a critical face towards the mother creature but she couldn’t tell her something was wrong. Yuko sighed silently and quietly spoke. “It’s fine.”
Maebh
Maebh
Admin / Busa
Admin / Busa

https://mountmasami.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Saving Creature Village  Empty Re: Saving Creature Village

Post  Anthony Young Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:58 pm

Paragraph Count: 4

John was sitting on the edge of the hut with his back against a wall, knees bent close he quietly looked at his folded hands. There was no place for John to go, and he had already caused trouble for Daichi and the people of Busa's village. "Maybe I am just that, a burden." he said with no sympathy for himself, rather he was angry. These people had taken him in and all he had done was cause hindrances, he couldn't cook or clean properly, there was little to no need for manual labor and he was not quite ready to bring up his unusual glowing hands.

He decided to go out for a walk around the huts, after the run-in with the ungodly bird John always took his armor with him, choosing this time to leave his weapon. As he departed John felt an urge to grab his weapon, as if he was defenseless, but he held the urge in check and continued on, weaving through huts and other curious places throughout the village. As he looked left he saw Yuko with a family of creatures near the fire, he wanted to go join them but decided against it. I just need some alone time, he though to himself, quickly gathering up his thoughts once more on what he can do for these people.

"Maybe I am just that, a burden" he repeated himself from earlier, this time much quieter not trying to wake any of these sleeping creatures. He smiled as he passed each one, joy filled his heart for he wished these people happiness, but a sadness was there as well. He didn't know if he could contribute to the happiness, it was not like these people lived in misery.

As John returned back to his hut he felt a cool breeze wash over his face, almost as if a soft cloth had just brushed over him. He had an overwhelming urge to sleep, it almost consumed his energy, making each step harder than the last. Eventually, after what seemed like hours, John found the entrance to his bunk. He looked back to see Yuko with the family, he smiled at how well she treated these wonderful creatures, one day he would be able to share such a conversation with them. "But not tonight" He told no one as he entered his hut and let himself collapse in all of his clothes. "I am not a burden" He whispered reassuringly to himself as the last thoughts fluttered out of his head and the dreams overtook him.

OOC: pssh two of those paragraphs are 3 sentences, clearly Yuko is cheating the system Wink
oh man, my character is getting deep =o

Last edited by John Putrard on Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anthony Young
Anthony Young
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maebh Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:13 pm

ooc: The average paragraph is 3-5 sentences long!
Paragraoh Count: 6

The poorly made bowl had finally finished it’s purpose for holding in the fish soup. Yuko plunked it down in the log she was sitting on and wiped the drops of left over soup on the corners of her mouth. She let out a pleasant “ah” as she leaned back and put her cold arm over her now warm and filled stomach. She felt more relaxed, but she wouldn’t say she was more tired. Not having a scheduled time set was still very different to her, but it was better than back on earth. Humans are always looking at the clock and letting themselves be slaves to time. To be free as she was on Masami simply felt better.

Yuko, without a goodbye and completely dazed in her thoughts once more, she stood up to leave the family. “Uh, bye Yuko!” The family had yelled towards her. Yuko didn’t hear the rest of the sentence but sure did hear her name. She looked back at the family waving and she puzzle pieced their sentence together. She waved back, but her arm was lazy and only ended up flapping her hand around before it fell back down to the side of her waist.

Yuko was wondering around to help find Daichi. She figured he was asleep by now, but she always felt safe by him. He always slept somewhere else each night, often not even in the village. Yuko found an old creature with a basket full of lemons strapped around her forearm. She was confused about her being up with lemons, but she decided not to ask. “Excuse me! Have you seen Daichi around?” She said in a hopeful voice.

The old creature focused her eyes to Yuko’s face. “Oh Yuko, dear, it’s you! I’m so glad to see you!” She reached into her basket and pulled out a juicy lemon. “lemon?” her short stubby arms reached out to her. Yuko couldn’t resist their adorable face regardless of how full she was. “Daichi, um, oh yes! The winged horse! He’s a handsome fella ain’t he?” She coughed a dry cough “I think I saw him leave to the entrance of demon trees. I’m not sure if he went in though.”

Yuko bowed to thank her and ran off. “Why would Daichi go there?” she thought to herself. She saw Daichi in the distance just staring at the trees. “Daichi! What are you doing?!” She yelled for him. She finally reached him and instantly realized how loud she yelled. She turned around to see if she woke the creatures up, but no effect was done by her yell.

“I was just thinking.” He said in his deep voice. “Tonight has been too quiet. I don’t trust it.” He grunted a bit as he turned around. “Whelp! Let’s not worry about it too much. Just head on to bed, Yuko. I’ll sleep outside of your hut tonight.” He started walking away without Yuko. Yuko stood behind, confused, but tried to forget about it. She eventually followed him.
Maebh
Maebh
Admin / Busa
Admin / Busa

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Young Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:05 pm

Paragraph Count: 3

A sudden, but familiar, yell launched John out of his light slumber. There was only a moment of confusion before John reached for his weapon and poked his head out the door cautiously. Seeing nothing dangerous he put his mace down by his side as he crept out, taking light footsteps as if nothing bad would happen if he did. There was a little rustle, but John wasn't going to take any chances, he dropped to the ground prone, waiting for danger to come visit him. He felt a little cool doing this, but knew it was no time to joke, this could be serious, and his one chance to save the village.

He started to slowly crawl forward, still prone, taking every shadow in, designating it as enemy or harmless. He was ready for combat, ready to be a hero, and then it hit him... What can I do if there is more than one of them? "Last time it was just one bird and I barely got out alive" he mumbled "I will not be pessimistic! This is the one chance I have to gain everyone's favor, then maybe Daichi will protect me too. This is perfect" John was in a good mood, he had full confidence in himself and was beaming with pride. He launched onto his feet and started charging in no particular direction, then he saw two figures moving. He instinctively dropped back to the ground and awaited his foes. His hands started to shake and his heartbeat quickened, his palms grew sweaty and his head started to get lost in all of it.

Then the two figures walked closer, and he saw who it was. John's head dropped to the ground, along with the rest of the body. He felt idiotic, he didn't know what to do. "How am I suppose to impress Daichi and Yuko if Daichi and Yuko are the enemy now?" John felt stupefied, this was something he never expected, he had to come up with a plan. He slid out of sight of them and darted to his hut to begin to come up with a strategy. "First this, then this, oh that would be perfect!" he whispered do himself deviously "They will never know what hit them!"

OOC: pssh more like 5-7! I am gonna start 3 sentence paragraphs now ><
Anthony Young
Anthony Young
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maebh Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:48 pm

ooc: fine xP
Paragraoh Count: 3

Yuko and Daichi had made it to the entrance of her hut. Yuko waved her goodbye and then crawled her way into the hut once more. Soon after, she heard the thump of Daichi’s body hit the ground when he laid down. She was once again staring at the inside of her hut. She kept thinking about Daichi’s strange behavior. She kept thinking about why he was staring at the entrance of Demon Trees. He was right though, no echoes of growls or screeching came from there anymore. They were like the crickets to an awkward silence.

Yuko shifted awkwardly in her hut still unable to think. Maybe the silence and the ability to hear the other creatures was keeping her up. The big difference between her sleeping patterns was probably keeping her up. She rolled onto her stomach to peak her head out the hut door. Daichi was still awake, staring at the trees off into the distance. “Psst! Daichi!” she whispered. Daichi looked over sharply as if scared by her. “What do you think is going on in Demon Trees?”

Daichi looked back to the trees with an empty stare. “I don’t know, Yuko, but it doesn’t seem good.” His head looked back at Yuko’s face, which was dreaded with fear, and then laid his head back to the ground. Yuko’s eyes then looked at the trees as well, then mimicked Daichi.
Maebh
Maebh
Admin / Busa
Admin / Busa

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Young Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:35 pm

It was time, John had just finished devising a plan to eliminate the threat to the village and had grabbed all his gear. He took baby steps to the hut where he saw Daichi laying down, this was his chance! I can take each one out individually, I will be the hero. He almost laughed in glee at how perfectly everything was coming together.

John was prepared to dive onto Daichi, right beforehand he saw a little head poke out of the front of the head of the hut. He lurched back, almost skidding on his heels as he attempted to stay hidden. John heard them speaking, it was faint but enough to send chills down his spine. There was something wrong with the demon forest? had he heard correctly, John shook his head frustratingly at how he had been distracted.

He must first take out Daichi, he knew that if he couldn't bring down Diachi that this was hopeless. He needed the surprise hit, then he could attempt to overpower Yuko. This was it, the final moments before the plan went into action, he raised his weapon and along with it his head. He suddenly saw the demon forest, his mouth dropped open and his eyes almost came out of the socket.

"Oh shit"
Anthony Young
Anthony Young
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maebh Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:45 pm

ooc: -
Paragraoh Count: 4

Yuko’s head rested on her overlapping hands. She was worried and anxious. Her heart was pounding, anticipating on what was going to happen. She knew Daichi was right and Demon Trees isn’t normal. Every once in a while, she would grunt to the uncomfortable feeling raging in her stomach. She thought that maybe the creatures knew it too because they were more routy than usual. Most of the creatures would be sleeping by now and to see so many up was quite strange. She tried to close her eyes for the first time and get some rest.

A sudden roar came from the trees. The roar was loud and tremendous with no subtle harmony existent. Dead black leaves were instantly blowing everywhere and the ground was trembling in terror. There was not even a gradual growth for the ruckus, it just all blockaded on them at once. Children were screaming and crying while the parents tried to calm them down with their own fear.

A mob of black and rust dragons emerged from the tops of the trees, breathing fire on the village. Almost every hut was on fire and burning like a bright campfire. Yuko quickly grabbed her boots and helmet and tossed them on without thinking. Daichi was already ready for battle. Yuko ran a few steps for more momentum and jumped with ease onto the giant horse’s back. She looked around for a moment and saw John standing near Yuko’s hut. “Hey! Do something, k?” She said.

Suddenly, her hut too burn with fury. She gasped in fear, but Daichi saw it coming and galloped away from the fire before it could burn them too. Without noticing, Daichi has already made his way into the air, about half the height as the dragons. Yuko looked up at the ferocious beasts and then down at Daichi’s determined reaction. “This will be a job.”
Maebh
Maebh
Admin / Busa
Admin / Busa

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Young Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:52 pm

Paragraph Count: 10

Hey! Do something, k?” Yuko said before she took off with Daichi. "Like what?!" He yelled after her, partly in frustration but also because he didn't know what to do in a situation like this. "I guess I will take care of the creatures first!" He said determined, pounding his fist into his hand.

John dashed around the village, attempting to pick up creatures as he saw them. As he passed a burning hut he heard screams inside "Oh dear lord no, please no" without thinking he let all the creatures down and sprinted to the door shoulder first. "Stand back!" He screamed to them seconds before he hit the door, he couldn't tell if they had stepped back but he had to get in there quick before it collapsed. His shoulder made impact with the door and it shattered, sending flaming pieces of the door all around, he was blinded for a second by the intensity of the heat before he was able to squint.

"They you are!" He saw them huddled up in the corner, laying close to the ground. He crawled over to them, not wanting to pass out from inhaling too much of the smoke. John scooped them up in his hands and tried to find the way he had come in, but he couldn't see and his eyes were watering from the heat making it blurry.

John put his foot near a wall, feeling the flames teasing his foot, he brought his knee to his chest and kicked out at the wall, keeping the creatures below him in case that sent this structure to the ground. John kicked several times before he felt a hole large enough to escape through, and quickly turned to attempt to get to safety. He was all the way out except for his legs when the hut gave way, John tried to bring his feet out but it wasn't enough and sharp pain spread across his legs. The creatures he had saved earlier were trying to help, digging at the wood as John tried to pry himself from the death grip of the hut.

John felt something almost slide out of his leg, and he was free. He spared no time crawling a ways away from the hut, all the creatures looked at him, out of breathe and choking on all the smoke he had breathed in "Thank... you so.... much. You all saved... my life..." John said as he coughed, struggling to speak. A sudden jolt brought him to his feet, then back down again as he looked at his leg, his calf had been pierced by a wood stake and it was deep John knew. He experimented with it until he was able to get back onto his feet, John then attempted to find anymore creatures.

This was his second trip around the village and most of the huts had collapsed, there was no sign of anyone else, dead or alive. After he decided that everyone had been rescued he went to the place where all the creatures had gathered, trying to take care of each other. John looked at them "Is there any wounded?" the mother and father of the family of creatures he had seen Yuko with earlier that night came up, each holding a little one in their hands. "Please" they said "Do something to save them!" John looked at them, and saw the burns and cuts on them.

He asked them to place them on the ground as he rolled up his sleeves, John closed his eyes and concentrated, bringing one hand over each critter. He had healed small things, cuts and maybe a minor wound, but never anything like this and definitely not two at a time. John knew he had to learn fast, because Yuko and Daichi would be in danger, and would need tending to as well. John breathed in and out, controlling himself, soon he let his thoughts dissipate and opened his eyes, his hands once again had the golden yellow aura outlining them. A few gasps escaped some creatures, but most were silent waiting for the result.

After 30 minutes of sitting cross-legged he had healed the creatures wounds, and repaired the the 2nd and 3rd degree burns. They still had minor burns and such, but he knew there were others to be tended to and that they would be able to survive. "Mom?" one of the little creatures sobbed as they awoke. He sighed, letting his breathing quicken a little "Here you are" he said "They are precious" a smile on John's face, which soon was on a majority of the creature's faces.

"Are there any others?" he asked, which then led to almost every creature getting up and coming over. He had designated 3 lines, severe, moderate and minor. He spent the next hour, healing every severe and moderate creature before he stood up, which took a few tries and declared "I must go to Yuko, she may be injured, I hope you all understand" They looked at him as if begging him to go to her, they must really love Yuko he thought as he attempted to run.

The sudden pain in his leg returned, he forgot that he hadn't bothered to heal himself. John saw the pool of blood where he had sat down, he suddenly felt lightheaded, but he had to get to Yuko and Daichi. John summoned his strength and ran back to the village, looking in the air for Yuko and Daichi, a small trail of blood followed him.
Anthony Young
Anthony Young
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maebh Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:17 am

ooc: Only 6 paragraphs Sad but i think i did good.
Paragraoh Count: 6

Yuko’s sweaty palms clenched the sword’s soft handle as she looked to the floor where the sheath lays burning. It had slipped off the smooth surface of the sword when she quickly left her hut and Daichi had jumped into the air. She watched her beautiful sheath burn murderously in pain and for some reason, it was hard to watch. Her hands adjusted the sword carefully to prevent slippage until the sword was in a position she could swing with.

Her eyes slowly shifted from the comfort of her sword to the raging dragons ahead of her. She felt like she was staring death right in it’s eyes. A sweat bead rolled down the side of her face and slid across her brow bone. Her salivation was profusely increasing and a large gulp was swallowed down her tight throat. Her heart was pounding hard and breathing was a chore to do. She actually had to think about breathing and every breath she took, echoed through her ears and her brain instantly panicked.

She tightened her right hand on the sword again and her left hand on the mane of Daichi. Daichi grunted in pain, then Yuko loosened a bit. She uncomfortably looked at Daichi and already regretting what she was about to say. “I’m ready.” Daichi gave her a worried look but obeyed her command. His wings swayed hard to lift them up into the air, but Daichi stopped suddenly. “What are you doing, Daichi? I can do it. I have to save these creatures!” Daichi agreed again and continued elevating upwards.

The adrenalin pouring through Yuko’s body was overwhelming; she felt like she could beat all of Masami. With all of this confidence running through her, she wasn’t thinking straight about consequences. Not a worry was going through her except death. Her and Daichi had flown right through a mess without proper mental state. Daichi, as an animal with incredible senses, could feel Yuko’s arrogance. He almost wanted to back down, but thought about it again for strong hits against the dragons.

Without warning, a sudden dragon flew from underneath Daichi and knocked his side while one of it’s sharp scales scraped her unprotected leg. It’s roar was instantly loud after it passed them. It’s screamed had soaked into Yuko’s ears as she had filled with this irritating anger. Her jaw stiffened with the urge to bite something as her hands were getting clingy. She swung her blade to the back of her shoulder with a sturn look to Daichi.

He instantly flew towards the dragon that ha hurt the two. As they approached each other, both Yuko and the dragon had a murderous look in their eyes. Daichi was worried for Yuko a bit, but trusted her. Yuko started to balance her feet underneath her body. She tried to stand up on Daichi’s back. Daichi wasn’t so sure about this plan, but couldn’t move to tell her or else she will fall to her death either straight onto the ground on into a pit of fire. She finally got to a state of balance while they were getting dangerously close to the deadly dragon. Her feet were filled with air underneath them as she jumped towards the dragon.
Maebh
Maebh
Admin / Busa
Admin / Busa

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Young Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:48 am

Paragraph Count: 4

John had gotten halfway back to the village before his breathing was fast and painful. His leg was numb with pain and he began to feel the effects of losing too much blood. "Just a little farther, I can do this" He told himself, but John was unable to take another step. His body stopped listening to him, he collapsed to his knees as his vision began to black out.

"Not good, I can't pass out now! My friends need me" The words of determination did nothing to help his unmoving body. He felt the intense need to sleep, this was a bad situation. He felt for his leg and found the wound, the blood was still oozing out even after all this time. John cleared his mind and started to work on just covering up the wound so he could continue to run, he needed to get to Yuko as quickly as possible.

John worried for his friend as he sat there, unable to see even the brightly glowing aura from his hands. John was struggling to breathe now, it was ragged and came in gasps. John felt his hands begin to tremble over the wound "Just a little longer, I must survive, if not for my sake then to save my friends. I refuse to give up." John growled, his determination began to waver however as he could no longer feel his body. It was numb and his mind was growing cold, "It must almost be healed" he pleaded he wasn't sure he could hold on much longer.

John opened his eyes, he realized he had let himself pass out. When he looked at his leg it was completely healed, he cried relief but also in frustration. How could he let himself rest when he was needed the most! John stood up and began to run to the village once more "Please be alright, you must be!" John cried out.
Anthony Young
Anthony Young
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maebh Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:18 pm

The air was suddenly dense as her legs were flailing in the air. She felt as though the air was pushing her down even though she was heading straight towards the dragon. Her arms were ready to take hold of the dragon’s thick neck. With the practice of landing on Daichi, she made a perfect landing on the dragon’s neck, right where it meets the rest of the ferocious body. The neck was much thicker than she imagined when she was closer up and she starting losing hope in herself. The dragon screamed again as it’s long snake neck rolled like a wave.

She grabbed onto the dragon’s tough scales and squeezed to prevent her from falling off. The wave then came to where she was sitting on the dragon. Yuko was launched into the air, but she had managed to hold onto the dragon still without fail. Her gauntlets were starting to get harder to grasp the scales, though. Her body made her way back onto the dragons neck and without thinking, she took the sword and swung it back. A masculine swing had gone right through the dragon’s thick neck.

The cut was slow since Yuko only had a short sword but she managed to pull it off with a lot of practice. The slice had gone right through the dragons neck, but the sword wasn’t long enough to reach all the way through. Before the sword could cut the entire way through, the dragon let out a scream in pain, which was hard for Yuko to hear. Pain in any animal, even those who were trying to kill her, was hard to hear. The pain in the creatures voices were much more powerful though so she fought for them.

The sword swung out from the other side of the neck as the neck began to fall off but stay in tact where the blade couldn’t cut at the bottom. Yuko quickly got to her feet and jumped in the air with no real destination point. The dragon behind her started falling to the ground as she was almost flying away. Daichi was right there for her and flew in before she had a chance to fall. A perfect catch, Daichi made. Yuko was winded a bit, but her sanity came back as she was pleased to watch the dragon fall. A smile was brought to both her face and Daichi’s when it made the loud thud onto the ground. She looked up again then realized something. “That was only the start.”
Maebh
Maebh
Admin / Busa
Admin / Busa

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Young Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:00 pm

John was in sight of the village, he was tired, from healing all the creatures and losing so much blood. There was no time to waste, he continued sprinting towards the village, a sudden sight caught his eye. He saw Yuko jump from Daichi, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" John yelled at the top of his lungs. He panicked, he began running at a speed he didn't even know he had, he was so worried about Yuko falling that he couldn't look up again until he was in the middle of the village.

John looked around, he couldn't find her anywhere, he decided to look up, it was painful. Then he saw her on the back of Daichi "You have got to be kidding me..." his mouth was agape and he was flabbergasted. John decided to find a place in some of the embers, that were the huts earlier that night, he was looking between Daichi and Yuko for any major injuries but from so down low it was hard to make out anything unless they were missing a limb.

He waited until they got lower, squinting to try and see anything but to no avail. John waited patiently, trying to rest his body and regain some strength. He got up, deciding he needed better cover for what was going on above him. John didn't want to be blown away by a random breath of fire, so he took cover behind a group of embers and laid prone. Until he saw an injury he wasn't gonna put himself out in danger, he knew what he could do and would wait for when he was needed.

Last edited by John Putrard on Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anthony Young
Anthony Young
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maebh Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:22 pm

Beyond everything happening in front of her eyes, and all the destruction occurring, she noticed John running to the village. She obviously couldn’t hear his screams, but she saw him and was relieved to see he was alright. “You ok, Yuko?” Daichi whispered strongly through the hardy air. He looked over at the large gape on her calf.

Yuko’s eyes followed his as if Daichi was leading a dance until she reached her leg. She noticed the cut, but was baffled by how surprisingly large it was. The adrenaline was so strong, she wasn’t even feeling any pain and she completely forgot about the dragon that came from under them surprisingly. There still wasn’t any pain at all so she planned to forget about it.

She looked up from her leg then back out to the battle going on in the air. A dragon was right there in front of their face without them noticing. While they were looking away, the dragon felt like it was a perfect time to charge. Yuko gasped out of fear, but could barely gasp as the dragon had already knocked them, forcing Yuko to be pushed off of Daichi. Her bottom had rolled off of his back, but she tried to hold onto him. Her slow reactions caused her to not be able to close her fists fast enough and she slipped off.

Yuko looked to the ground. The sudden zooming in was like falling into a deep black hole. The air dancers were tugging at her hair while the rest of her body was being tugged by greedy gravity. She tried to curl her tired body into a slight ball to ready herself for a roll onto the ground, but she didn’t promise herself she could make it. Daichi kicked the face of the dragon as it went by then looked at her falling body. “Yuko!” he yelled for her, but he knew there was no time to catch her.
Maebh
Maebh
Admin / Busa
Admin / Busa

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Young Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:21 pm

Paragraph Count: 5

John, watching ever so carefully to make sure that his friends weren't injured saw the dragon charge in front of them "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! HE IS RIGHT THERE" the words were lost as the dragon hit them. His heart stopped, Yuko was falling off Daichi, this couldn't be happening. He crawled to his feet and began his dash, with renewed energy, to where he expected Yuko to land, he wished Daichi would be able to reach him in time, but he couldn't be sure.

As John looked up he saw her body, almost balled up, falling from the sky, he knew he had a ways to go before he would be able to catch her safely. With a speed that he had experienced only once before he watched her descend faster and faster, it was like watching yourself drive a car off the cliff, the pain was unparalleled, even to the near death wound that almost took him earlier.

John saw the little ball getting closer and bigger, he was scared he wouldn't make it in time. He didn't even care if a dragon saw him, all he wanted was to save his friend. The picture of Yuko hitting the ground repeated before his eyes, and he wasn't about to let that dream become reality.

John held his breathe, demanding his legs to go faster, but he couldn't force it. He was already running at his max speed and he thought it might just be enough to save her. Please, be in time this ran through his had over and over as his body exerted itself, using up all the renewed energy.

John dove, twisting his body around so his back was facing the ground, his body slammed to the ground with an intense force as Yuko fell right onto John's stomach. The air escaped his lungs and he gasped for air as he felt one of his ribs crack. It was the happiest John had felt since he arrived here, his friend was safe.

Last edited by John Putrard on Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anthony Young
Anthony Young
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maebh Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:26 pm

Yuko started to squint her eyes, about to close them, as she saw death happening right before her. Before her eyes could get the chance to seal completely, she noticed John running towards where she would be landing. He was running fast and it looked like to her that he was using all of his strength to catch her. She blinked with what seemed like an eternity and he wasn’t anymore in her vision. Suddenly, her body hit something.

She was blank for a moment. In her mind, she thought of her dad, smiling, and keeping her warm. Her memory relived the night of when she was running away from her crazy mom and found her new dad. She felt safe and secure in his arms from whenever she got upset. His childish ways always brightened her day, regardless of how embarrassed she was. A clear face of her dad appeared and he was smiling at her. “You’re ok Yuko. I’m ok. Just don’t give up, ok? Promise me that.”

Yuko gasped for air, then looked around. She wasn’t sure where she was, or what just happened at first, but she saw herself on top of John and things weren’t looking too good in her perspective. An emptiness has gone through her while her chest felt heavy with emotion. Her dad was right there but she couldn’t reach him. Her memory refilled again and she stood to her feet quickly. Once she stood up, she noticed how weak her body was, then fell back to the ground while sitting on her legs. She looked back up at John and noticed she might have done some damage to him. “Oh my gosh!”
Maebh
Maebh
Admin / Busa
Admin / Busa

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Young Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:49 pm

John felt a sudden burst of air into his lungs as Yuko jumped to her feet. He didn't have the ability to speak yet but he smiled at her and rolled to his side. He heard her "oh my gosh!" he lifted his arm and waved it off, he was starting to breath easy but the sharp pain in his side reminded him of what had just happened.

His voice returned "I am glad your alright, but before you go let me see that leg." he sat up and tried to clear his mind as he put his hands over the wound. John's hands began to glow, he found irony in the fact he had just healed his own leg, and now he was dealing with a leg wound of the same caliber. It was hard for John to concentrate, but he was letting his hands do the work.

"Your lucky I had made it in time, I can't believe you would jump from Daichi like that. It was reckless!" He complained as he continued working on her leg. "Sometimes you should really think about yourself, I thought I was gonna be too late. I would have never forgiven myself." John continued to complain as he finished up with Yuko's leg.
Anthony Young
Anthony Young
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maebh Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:21 pm

She was embarrassed know John was looking at her leg with that large wound. She was trying to show off how talented she was with a sword and to have a wound like that only proved how much of an idiot she was. “Haha” Her laugh was faker than ever, “With a wound like that, I could tell people “Yea, I was fighting a dragon!” and know it was true!” after she said it, she actually found it somewhat humorous. “God, I shouldn’t be making jokes at a time like this.”

Her eyes wandered off a bit and noticed Daichi fighting off the dragons. She could tell Daichi had practice because he had already killed seven of them and they drooped their way to the ground. She smiled at his bravery but was confused as to why he never fought while Yuko was in danger. Her dizzy eyes wandered once again back to her leg but was startled at the glowing gold light.

She jumped back and held her leg tight as she looked at John’s hands as if he was some demon. Her hands began to rub her leg in comfort but was surprised that there was no blood on her leg after she looked at her hand. There were still some bad marks, but most of it was healed. She slowly laid her leg back down onto the ground for John. “What?” She said quietly under her breath.
Maebh
Maebh
Admin / Busa
Admin / Busa

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Young Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:39 pm

"I meant to tell you about this" John began "but the timing was just never right." He wasn't sure what to say really so he just began to speak his mind. "You are really good at killing the enemy, I am not that great at it, so instead I learned I can heal my friends." he looked at his hands, focused on the center of his palms as the glow started to fade "I will try to do what I can from here, but I think you should really get back up there and help Daichi. Don't let him get too hurt now" John winked and started to rise, remembering the sharp pain in his chest.

John was already so tired, he had healed the creatures, his leg and now Yuko's. He sat up, crossing his legs, he needed to rest. John closed his eyes "If you need me, feel free to drop by... again" He chuckled, which made his side hurt even more so, then once again let himself fall into a trance, attempting to gain energy. Well, one hell of a day if I dont say so he told himself.

John made sure he wasn't ignoring Yuko, trying to listen in case she said something. Unfortunately he was getting tired and he was having trouble focusing on whether or not Yuko was even there. John knew as soon as he had rested up he was going to have to exert his energy on any extra injuries Yuko and Daichi had sustained, then he would be able to take care of his rib.
Anthony Young
Anthony Young
Admin

Back to top Go down

Saving Creature Village  Empty i call my mom the birthgiver

Post  Maebh Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:56 pm

Yuko stood up tall after the amazing moment that just happened with her leg. She kicked it on the ground to test it out as if it was a new toy and it felt like new. “Thanks bro.” She smiled a warm smile while destruction was happening all around them. “Well, I, uh, I don’t need your help.” She stormed off suddenly. What the hell, why am I so worked up about this? She thought to herself. She only walked away a few steps since she couldn’t go anywhere with Daichi flying around in the air fighting off one more dragon before coming to get her.

Daichi then fell from the sky and landed softly as he was flapping his wings slightly to slow his fall. His hooves landed while debris from the huts were flying everywhere while he continued to flap his wings. He looked down to her now healed leg then looked towards John. His eyes were almost like he was saying “Thank you” meaning he knew John was a healer this entire time. “You sure you’re alright Yuko? I’m not injured at all so I can fight some more.”

Yuko shook her head viciously before she spoke words. “I’m fine. I want to fight and if you got hurt, I couldn’t continue to battle them since they are so high up. She grabbed onto the mane of Daichi and pulled herself onto his back. She glanced over to tired John and waved slightly, but was to worried to bother. Daichi jumped back into the air while she kept her sword swung back once more.
Maebh
Maebh
Admin / Busa
Admin / Busa

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Young Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:45 pm

"Yea, don't worry about it." John said, then muttered under his breath "I only saved your life." He continued his trance-like state, it was hard to concentrate though knowing his friends were in the air risking their lives. John regretted not going up there but he knew he would have slowed down Daichi and gotten in Yukos way.

John let out a sigh, he felt energized and relaxed now. He checked on Yuko and Daichi as they flew around, but only for a moment as he heard a snort nearby. He turned his head and saw the dragon that had just recently landed "I COME IN PEACE! I swear" he said. Unfortunately John realized that talking to this dragon wasn't gonna get him anywhere. John decided to run and make lots of noise, in hope that he could get away and hopefully draw Yuko's attention to his danger.

"OH MY GOD ITS A DRAGON!!!!" is how he started as he sprinted away from the blaze of fire that escaped from the dragon's mouth. He wasted no time, dodging between the debris or burnt huts, evading a stream of fire that John found too close for comfort. "Now its your turn to save me I suppose" He amused himself, but only momentarily as the next stream of fire grazed a piece of wood nearby that instantly turned to ash. That could have been me He thought, this is way too dangerous to be playing around.
Anthony Young
Anthony Young
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maebh Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:14 pm

Yuko made slight glance back to the ground to check if John was alright while he was tired. He looked fine to her when a dragon’s belly was flying right over Yuko’s head and past her without even caring one bit. Yuko lifted her sword to cause some damage to the dragon’s belly, but to no avail, it had no affect on the dragon’s intentions. The dragon’s tail softly whipped Yuko’s face as he left her presence. Out of anger, she swung her sword to cut off the end of the tail like she was trying to swat away a pesky fly.

The dragon started heading towards the ground right where John was sitting. The dragon has rested right near him without a sound to make him noticeable. It snorted which seemed to spook John. Yuko watched as he ran away from every blow then giggled for a second while covering her mouth to prevent embarrassment. She overheard Daichi giggling to until he interrupted their giggle fit. “Hey, I know it’s funny and all, but don’t you want to save him? I mean, he save you.” He preached to her.

Yuko finally got over the fit and sighed. “Haha, sure”. The intense emotions had taken over her to the point of laughter to release some of the built up tension. They started to fall toward the dragon with her sword clenched in her hands. They dove down at a tremendous speed. Once they got close to the dragon again, Yuko pulled another slip off of Daichi’s back to land onto the dragon’s head.

“Yuko! Are you fucking serious?” Daichi’s voice echoed over the rodeo horse like dragon.

Yuko nodded with confidence as she raised the sword into the air with both hands, tip of the blade pointing right to the dragon’s head. The sword pierced through the skull of the dragon and the head’s dead weight came kicking it. The head drop as the land shook like a Mount Masami quake. She jumped off of the large head and the fall down was actually quite a long way down. She landed on both feet as she walked it off nonchalantly. “There, I saved you. Again.” She winked in John’s direction, then got back into action. She was now feeling more proud with her actions and actually felt like she could finish the dragons off.
Maebh
Maebh
Admin / Busa
Admin / Busa

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Young Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:32 pm

John felt a huge quake and stumbled, he looked over and saw Yuko jumping off the head of the dragon. “There, I saved you. Again.” she said as she winked to him. He almost burst into laughter, he must have looked ridiculous; running around, avoiding fire as the dragon got closer and closer. "Thanks, guess I owe you one after" John joked as he regained his posture.

Yuko took off once again, this time her strides full of confidence and pride. He smiled until he saw the red mark on her face, an imprint of a dragons tail left there. John went over to the corpse of the dragon and kicked it a few times "Yea, you dragons all think you can push around my friends like that, huh? Well look at you now" he retorted, feeling braver knowing the creatures was dead.

The sharp pain of reality brought him back to his side, it hurt 10 times worse than it ever had before. "Damn, was it this painful before?" John sat down and hovered his hands awkwardly over the cracked rib. "I have fixed wounds before, lets hope the same goes for bones" John sat there for some time, focusing, thoughts no longer swirling through his mind. After several minutes he relaxed and allowed himself to get up and walk around, the pain in his side much less intense than it had been.
Anthony Young
Anthony Young
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maebh Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:35 pm

ooc: Sorry it's short and nothing much happened. I just wanted to leave it very open ended.

Her body was moving with muscle memory, not having to think about every move she made. The swings of her sword were strong, but light, keeping her agile in the air. Slices were being preformed all over the place until she defeated the standing dragons interfering with her.

One last swing, that was sure to ware her out, was struck to the last dragon. Its body fell with the rest of the dead corpses on the debris ground below them. Yuko let out a sigh of relief and her muscles finally settled down. Her limbs were throbbing and her breath was heavy. Her face illuminated orange from the fire below them. A silence had finally rested on the burnt village. Daichi descended to the ground once more. Yuko felt cool after jumping off of Daichi’s back, so before he even landed, Yuko decided to try and slide off him once more and land in an impressive mode.

Standing back up, she attempted to put her sword back into her sheath, but soon remembered it was burning when she looked at the ground. She looked to her feet and noticed she was standing on the ashes of the sheath. For some reason, she was hurt by looking at it. Her hands scooped up some ashes, then she let the ashes seep through the holes between her fingers. The remaining ashes that stuck to her hands were wiped off on her leather chest piece.
Maebh
Maebh
Admin / Busa
Admin / Busa

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Young Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:09 am

Paragraph Count: 2

"Was that precious to you?" John asked, watching Yuko pick up ashes from a burnt object. "I can make you a new one if you want." He smiled, trying to make light of the situation, which was awkward talking around so many dragon corpses. John was at a loss at what to do so he awkwardly looked from side to side then back to Yuko and Daichi.

"Well, I am gonna go check on the creatures and make sure their injuries are healing up." John said as he looked back towards where he had come from. "You can join me if you'd like to?" he gestured to Yuko and Daichi as he turned away and began to jog. It would be dark once again before he got back to them so he figured he should take his time, it wouldn't be polite to intrude on the creatures when they rested.

ooc: btw leather, assuming that is what you used as a sheath, doesn't turn to ash; it gets seared and tends to shrivel up or shrink, like hair when it gets to close to a candle. Also I made it short just like yours, since there is a lot of dialogue and options that I feel we need to cover before I move on.
Anthony Young
Anthony Young
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maebh Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:13 pm

ooc: I never said it was leather. I never actually mention what material it was xP I guess anything that turns into an ash like material. Anything can happen on Masami <--- best excuse evar.

She sighed, then started jogging towards John with a late start. Only a few steps in and a voice came from behind Daichi. “Looks like you made a mess, here.” Yuko quickly turned around, frightened, with a quick stop to her pace. “I thought I heard something while I was at the bottom of the mountain.” Norm was standing there and standing tall, while looking at a specific dragon. Not only was he looking at the dragon, but he was looking at its scales in great detail. “You know, these scales would make great armor some day for you, Yuko.” The Cyclops blacksmith walked over to the dragon's tail and began to tug at it. “Ugh, it’s too heavy for me to carry alone.”

Yuko walked to test out the weight of the dragon, but before she continued walking, she turned towards John and yelled, “Hey! You keep going! I’ll catch up with you later, if your not already heading back by the time I’m done.” She then continued walking towards Norm. He handed her the tip of the tail, hoping the strong swordsmen could pull it, even an inch. Her worn out muscles could barely even hold it properly, so Yuko just dropped the tail. “I’m sorry. After fighting all of these, I’m afraid I’m too weak to even move them.” She suddenly fell to the floor in the perfect sitting position. She rested her head on her hand while letting out a “Hmph.” followed by a slow blink. “I’m tired.” Her eyes closed slowly with each blink.

“Yuko! I’ll carry you to the creatures. Maybe they could help move the dragons and rebuild the village. John probably healed them so they should be ready to go.” Daichi said loudly in a preaching voice. He stood tall in the distance. Yuko was still sitting on the ground, but eventually tried to get her body up. After many failed tries, Norm used one hand to grab the back of her leather shirt to pick her up. Her eyes jolted open with her limps flailing around. Norm dropped her to the floor again so she was on her feet. Yuko walked over to Daichi and got on. She sat for a moment, but got tired again and laid down on his back.

“Ok, you can take me there.”
Maebh
Maebh
Admin / Busa
Admin / Busa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next